Status: Part Time
Prepares nutritious and appetizing meals according to menu prescribed for each patient and staff, and serves meals at the scheduled times.
The above statement is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of the English Language
- Must possess basic math skills
- Competent with computer programs
- Must obtain a food handlers card
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Some cooking experience preferredREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Supports hospital mission and strategic vision; manages hospital resources appropriately; complies with hospital policies and programs; maintains skill levels, licenses, and certifications; complies with all state and federal compliance and HIPAA requirements; keeps lines of communication open between self and other hospital personnel; competent with computer programs, must be able to read and write in English, must be able to follow recipes, must be able to work weekends and evenings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides prompt and efficient organization, preparation and service of meals and nourishments.
- Assures the quality and quantity of food produced, accuracy of menus and diets served, and honoring patient likes and dislikes.
- Monitors quantity of supplies.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment.
- Follows recipe directions and understands general cooking terminology.
- Stores food in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirementsand food spoilage.