Status: Per Diem
Responsible for the completion of assigned tasks and prescribed treatments in the general care of patients, and assisting the Med/Surg Supervisor and other medical personnel to assure the total nursing needs of all patients are met.
The above statement is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate form an accredited Nursing School Program.
- Current license to practice in the State of Washington.
- Knowledge of modern nursing principles, techniques and procedures.
- Current ACLS, NRP (ER RNs only), BLS, and PALS certification.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSSupports hospital mission and strategic vision; manages hospital resources appropriately; complies with hospital policies and programs; maintains skill levels, licenses, and certifications; complies with all state and federal Compliance and HIPAA requirements; keeps lines of communication open between self and other hospital personnel; competent with computer programs; proper telephone etiquette and appropriate personal interaction; shows professional respect and courtesy to patients, families, physicians or colleagues; must be able to work well with others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Shall be accountable for all nursing care delivered or assigned.
- Completes Orientation Program, Skills Checklist and ACLS course within six (6) monthsof hire date.
- Demonstrates competency in parenteral administration of medications, cystalloidfluids, blood and blood components.
- Performs EKGs, respiratory therapy treatments and oxygen administration.Demonstrates safe and effective use of cardiac monitoring equipment, defibrillators, K pads, infusion pumps, pacemakers, acuity staffing system, pulse oximeters and doplers. Monitors ventilators under supervision of Respiratory Therapy.
- Recognizes psychological, social and spiritual needs of patients and their families and utilizes appropriate resources.
- Demonstrates competency in venipuncture and maintenance of IV lines according to IV policy.
- Operates dispatch units and radios.
- Demonstrates proficiency in patient teaching including cardiac rehabilitation.
- Appropriately identifies and prioritizes needs/problems, develops appropriate plan ofnursing care, implements plan and evaluates patient outcome.
- Demonstrates accurate and relevant documentation of patient care.
11.Administers appropriate and accurate dosages of medications as order by physician
and according to patient’s clinical condition and response.
12.Demonstrates competency in caring for patients with invasive lines, tubes and/or
- Demonstrates competency during a code situation, following ACLS guidelines.
- Assists in orientation of new staff.
- Demonstrates proficiency in ER, ICU, second in OB, recovery room, and GI lab recoveryroom.
- Assists in patient care as needed.