Expanding on Excellence
Skyline Health is committed to its mission of promoting an exceptional level of health and well-being in our community today and for future generations.
The Emergency Department was built in 1996, and since then, updates in technology and patient-centered ER services have taken place. Our emergency room is not up-to-date with these new improvements.
- Patients enter the ER from two different locations because there is not a dedicated entrance.
- The ED waiting room is difficult to find and doesn’t provide adequate privacy for patients.
- There is a need for specialized rooms targeting specific populations: children/families, survivors of assault, people experiencing behavioral health issues and trauma patients.
The Expanding on Excellence Capital Campaign focuses on renovating and expanding the Emergency Department and overall hospital flow. This campaign, launched in July 2017, is in response to third-party assessments of the hospital’s future needs, as well as a community feasibility study.
The $7M Campaign Includes
- Expansion and renovation of the Emergency Department
- Renovate 4,000-square-feet of existing space & construct 1,000-square-feet of new space
- Create four patient-centered rooms
- Serenity Room serving survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Pediatric Room serving children and families
- Crisis Room offering safe space for those experiencing behavioral health needs
- Trauma Room offering twice the space and access to on-site helipad
- Creation of a centralized lobby
- Relocation of laboratory services
- Updating hospital infrastructure
- Replacing Skyline Health’s 65-year-old boiler system and upgrading the hospital’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC)
Skyline Health is pleased to be able to invest an initial $5M to the campaign. We are all in, and we ask you to join us!
Our Campaign Goal: $2M